28.1.15

Birthday Specials

I had a great time turning 24 this year. I couldn't have had it another way.

Since I was working on my birthday itself, we celebrated my 24th on a Sunday instead. The husband is really terrible at keeping secrets from me, so he told me the plans he had for my birthday instead. 

Here was what went down..

Sedap siol.

Here was breakfast. So good. And filling.

Pout pout. Tak menjadi.

We were pretty tired from all the walking. Yes, I told him to leave the bike at home. It was public transport day! Here's a quick cut-off selfie at Starbucks while waiting for the right time for the next activity...

Escape Hunt @ Concorde Hotel Singapore

...which was this! This was the highlight. He booked an intermediate room and we took about 62mins to solve the puzzle. It was so exciting that we booked an advanced room immediately after the intermediate room. Guess how long we took to solve the advanced room - 56 mins yaw! BOOYA.
And I thought I'd be a pro at this because I downloaded almost all the escape room games from the Play Store.

Shopping!!

And what is a birthday celebration without shopping? Husband let me roam free in Sephora, being so patient and letting me take my time. Yippee!
First time seh. Got myself a few brushes, a bronzer and a makeup brush cleaner.

In the evening, we went to a salon to make some changes to Hadi's hair. After that, we had sushi dinner at Ramen Ten and then we headed back.

It was a simple celebration. Fuss-free date with my other half.


On the actual birthday itself, I spent time with my family at home. My mum made roti kirai and rojak salad for the birthday girl. Here was what was real cute:

My niece, Emma, gave me a present. Now, we would expect gifts from kids to be gifts that were bought by their parents or something. 

I got home, looked for my niece (who locked herself in the room with her mother) who eventually came out wearing her Elsa dress (which was meant to be worn only on her birthday) and handed me a gift. When I opened it, there was a box with one of her favourite toys and two packets of Mamee. Packed in a pre-loved make-up box.

Can it get any cuter? 

Of course, teacher toy for the teacher aunty. I couldn't stop laughing.
Omg I love this girl to bits.


So after that, we headed home (in a slight rush) and started cleaning the house (a nightly routine) because somebody wanted to get an early rest since he's working the next day. Somehow the cleaning was more intense and I figured that le husband simply wanted to REALLY clean the house (rajin mode, y'know).

Only until our friends came with cake and pizza and cupcakes that I realized we cleaned the house good for a reason. HAHA.
I totally didn't see that coming.


Thank you God for letting me live through another day, month and year and blessing me with great people in my life. Thank you to the people that made things happen. Thank you my families, friends and colleagues for wishing me an awesome birthday.

World peace yaw.


Mwah mwah.

No comments:

Post a Comment