11.12.14

Bali, 2014

Let's begin with my 2nd trip overseas with the hubby. We went to Bali about 2 weeks ago and stayed there for 4 days and 3 nights. 

So awesome! I still get wide-smiled excited each time the plane takes off. Here are some pictures of the trip.


An "ulu" alley along the streets of Kuta.

Kuta beach.

Here's my beef lasagne at one of the restaurants I forgot where. It was so good.

Pandawa Beach. Beautiful waves, beautiful beach. Not commercialized yet, so no crowd here. Perfect.

The hubby was getting a massage beside me. And I was waiting for the lady to massage my skinny feet.

Garuda Wisnu Kencana, a cultural park that tells the tale of the Hindu history of Garuda, Wisnu (commonly known as Vishnu here), Kadru and a few others I can't remember already.

It's funny how I got the image of an eagle/bird upon the mention of Garuda (I play Summoner's War) and Garuda was, indeed, a bird-looking individual! Heh.

Dreamland. Yes, that's the name of this place. Generally dominated by Chinese tourists. I can see why.
Look at this place!

Ah yes, the Kopi Luwak plantation. Here they have a variety of tea and coffee that they planted here. We bought the mangosteen peel tea because it was that good. I liked the Rosella tea, too. Not a fan of the Kopi Luwak, but Hadi wanted it, so we got it too.

Kecak dance. Dancers are only accompanied by vocals from these men. It tells the story of Hinduism's version of Romeo and Juliet. Oh, and there was some fire element to it too.

Ah, here it is. The monkey-looking guy in the middle kicks the fire with his bare feet to put them out. I'm so glad I wasn't sitting right in front.

What's a trip without some arty-farty shot? This is my feeble attempt at bokeh. HAH.
Manhattan Fish Market, by the way.

Some chicken noodle on our last day. Pretty good. And that is a plate of Bali's version of siew mai in peanut sauce.

Airport food. Yes, I had to.



I ate A LOT during this trip. Contented and very happy.


I'm so happy that my husband dragged me out to see a part of the world.
I was looking at Cambodia/Phnom Penh/Vietnam/Bangkok/Manila/Laos for the next trip.
Let's start small. :)


Looking forward to more trips with you!



No comments:

Post a Comment