12.12.14

Trip to Warehouse Club

Yesterday, I went to Warehouse Club by NTUC. My husband and I went there by bike, but you could get there easily by train too. Walkable distance from Joo Koon Mrt station.

I'm a natural born sucker for supermarkets. So you could imagine my enthusiasm when NTUC opened a warehouse concept for their goods. I was expecting a lot more from this place, but nonetheless, I came out quite satisfied.

At first, when I read that it was a members-only store, I thought they referred to NTUC members with the Plus card.
Nope.

In order to make purchases in this store, you have to be a member of the Warehouse Club. This is an entirely different card and I don't know where else I can use this card.

But oh well. $50/year for non-NTUC members and $35/year for NTUC members with the Plus card.
Pay upon membership, yah.

Here are some pictures I took.

This is the whole stretch at level 2.

My view from the travelator up to level 3.

My favourite part - vegetables! They don't sell individual vege, if you're wondering. Everything comes in a pack. And the fresh produce are fresh. I can't remember how much they were, but I remembered 5kg of onions was $4.50. APE LAGI? Buy lah.

Level 3 is where you can find all the food. Frozen food section in the picture above. They have cheesecakes for you to sample.


I didn't bother with the rest of the stuff because firstly, I wouldn't buy them. I'd recommend you to shop here if you're intending to open a shop, or cook for a crowd. Oh, quite a number of things are imported too. Some things you can't find in our regular NTUC. And Kinder Bueno/Ferrero Rocher come in BOXES.

Secondly, well there's no secondly.

Shop away people! The frozen food section is worth a look. Spices and all may even stock you for about 8 months.

If you ask me whether I'd take a trip down again? Maybe during Hari Raya when I need to cook for a crowd.

There you have it. I'll check this one off my list. 4 more warehouses to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment