29.12.14

Holiday meal.

I'm just gonna dive straight into it. Drool people, drool!


Wash potatoes, cut slits and stuff away. Go ahead and choose your own ingredients!
 
I seasoned the potatoes with olive oil, salt, pepper, mixed herbs and topped them off with parmesan cheese, only because I didn't have any mozarella... I baked these at 200degrees for about 40minutes.
*Don't be stingy with your olive oil.

 Aglio Olio with laksa leaves

This Aglio Olio recipe was my friend's original. I was privileged to have learnt this from the experimental guru himself. Haha!

Haqem's Aglio Olio with Laksa Leaves and Sausages.

Ingredients:
Spaghetti
Lamb sausages
Garlic
Bullet Chilli OR bird's eye chilli (aka cili padi)
Laksa leaves (a.k.a. Vietnamese cilantro or more commonly known here as daun kesom)
Butter
Salt
Mixed herbs/Italian herbs
Pepper

Method:
*Get started with boiling the spaghetti in salt water.
1. Oil a skillet with butter and fry the lamb sausages with garlic (crushed with skins on) until the sausages are crispy on the outside.
2. Remove sausages from fire.
3. Separate the skin from the meat of the sausages. - You might want to get someone to help you with this (I used two forks to squish the meat off from the skin. This process would be rather easy if the skin is crispy enough.)
4. With the same oil from the sausages, saute minced garlic until slightly brown, then add the sliced bullet chilli and laksa leaves and continue stirring until you can smell it. --> What I did here was to transfer the entire thing into a wok so that I could stir it easily.
5. Add water (from the pasta) to moisten the whole mixture.
6. Add the sausages (NOT the skin) and stir.
7. Drain the spaghetti from pot and add them in.
8. Add the herbs and pepper.
9. Salt is optional since the pasta water is already salty. But you might need the extra kick.


**For one pack of spaghetti, I almost used up the entire bag of laksa leaves (those that can be bought at NTUC). 

**Since I couldn't find lamb sausages, I made do with the usual Valley Chef chicken sausages. The skin was not as crispy when I sauteed them and the taste was sweeter. I still loved it anyway.


Thank goodness I had a cooking partner, Sarah, and she baked while I cooked. Made things easier and much faster.

Hope you guys had a good holiday! I'm returning to work tomorrow and am looking forward to it! Can't wait to decorate my new desk with more stuff.

Till next time,
MWAH MWAH!


No comments:

Post a Comment