24.12.14

Fassler Gourmet and "kitchen haven"

This is a long overdue post on the trip my husband I had to the Fassler Gourmet, the salmon factory in Woodlands.

I read a few articles and reviews about this place and they all said the same thing - the place is cold. Me being me, I thought I could handle it, what with being entirely covered from head to toe. 

So we went in the freezer and boy, did I wish I had my windbreaker with me. I went in, ogled at a few things there and rushed out. It wasn't my intention to buy anything there - yet. Maybe when my freezer is not filled with other stuff.

Enough talk, here are some shots I took.


Hadi was particularly interested in the caviar, as you can see.

That tray without any price tag, the one with the salmon fillet, the price ranges from $11 - $13, depending on the mass of the fillets. And as you can see, those are some thick slices.

Literally a walk-in freezer. Point to note: No one is going to welcome you in to this place. The people there simply went about their own business. Just find your own way around lah. Whatever it is, find the huge metal doors, open it up and walk in.

I didn't take any pictures of what it looks like from the outside, but heck, you can find it on google.

I love the fact that prices are totally worth your money. If you want a comprehensive list of what they have and the prices, click HERE for the website. (Find the excel file)

I will definitely come back to stock up on my seafood goodness once my current stash runs out.

One last thing, NO NETS PAYMENT OK. 

Only got $4 in my pocket (sings to Thrift Shop tune) cos it totally slipped my mind to withdraw cash. But I still managed to buy 2 bottles of sambal belacan that Hadi really loves. Yay to that.

Outta that place in less than 10 minutes cos it was too cold and Causeway Point seemed like a much better idea. HAHA.


******

So after dropping by Fassler Gourmet and Causeway Point, Hadi and I rode over to 11 Woodlands Close to get some pet supplies at Super Pets. This is a 24-hour pet store and it caters mostly to felines. Their 2nd floor is filled with rabbit and hamster goodies. So far, I don't recall seeing anything for the furry little canines. ANYWAY, this isn't about that.
(P.S, be a member to get rebates!)

Even before turning in to Super Pets, we saw a new shop (looked new to us, at least) that had everything and anything for the kitchen. 

NO WAY!

I was squealing inside, if you can't tell.

Here are some pictures I took. (I had to do it discreetly cos the aunty there looked so fierce, I scared.)







This place is huge. And seriously, nak buka kedai datang sini okay! They have all the supplies you need to open up a stall.

2nd floor too, but mostly cleaning stuff. Again, I couldn't take my time in there as we had to rush off somewhere else. Busy busy.

Don't ask me what the name of the place is. It's NOT "Kitchen Haven" okay. Just know it's right in front of the parking gantry.



So that's that! 2 warehouses, 3 more to go. 
If you know of any place worth going to get home/kitchen supplies, let me know. I'd be most interested to take a look.

Mwah mwah!


Meme courtesy of memespp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment